28 April 2006

Hanging with Condi

group pic /w Condi
Thanks to Kat, today we got to meet Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. This involved sending in our passport number earlier this week to be put on the guest list, then getting to the embassy by 9:00 this morning for the reception at 11:00. About 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the event, she arrived, the ambassador made a short introduction, Condi made her short speech, and then she greeted the audience who were mainly embassy staff, Peace Corps volunteers, and we 4 MBAECs. I was able to shake her hand, mumble something about “it’s an honor to meet you,” and then we posed for group picture by the official photographer. By the official 11:00 start time, she had already left the building.

Condoleezza Rice speaks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish that one day our Foreign Minister would also thank me for my work as well (as a diplomat of course). But I think this is a dream that I can still make come true, just as I did previously, with many of my dreams and plans :)

I think from tomorrow on I'll finish partying for a while and study for my dilomacy exam.....